AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

custom work opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nekfarmer
Posted 2/13/2016 12:45 (#5108682 - in reply to #5108372)
Subject: RE: custom work opinions

NE KS
We do quite of bit of custom farming and we run into this a lot. Some guys think the coop is the greatest thing ever although they are bending them over and their fields are terrible weed mess. We just do what they want and collect our money. On the other side of things we have people who let us do what we think it right. Most times they come out better and gives the others something to bitch about why their crops aren't as good. If your getting paid fairly just do what he wants and move on. If its a pain in the ass and could make money else where then let someone else do it. Chances are when he dies they will sell the ground and some a-hole from out of town will give twice what its worth. Life is short spend time with your family.

I got into it this year with a guy who we farm 400 ac for. We didn't get his beans planted because he wasn't ready when we showed up to plant and thought he was going to make out like a bandit with insurance. Well it rained and rained and rained. When he checked how low is insurance was he blew a gasket. I told him I wasn't going to take the blame, he said he had 3 guys stop by and tell him they would farm it (none of these 3 planted any beans either LOL). So I told him if he could find someone to do a better job cheaper then go for it! Because I'm tired of working myself to death for you. His attitude changed really fast! We will see how this springs goes but I'm at the point that I don't care.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)