AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

custom work opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 2/11/2016 11:44 (#5103954 - in reply to #5103887)
Subject: RE: custom work opinions

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

wade garrett - 2/11/2016 10:12 I enjoy the work, like the money, just feel majorly disrespected. I try my best to raise him the best crops as cheaply as I can. I told him before we ever started that there would be no weeds as I'm not dragging their weed seed around and I believe that's been the biggest reason they have raised better crops. He says he's losing money all the time and everything costs to much. He inherited 700 acres at 40, the man isn't hurting but you would think he's starving to death. It's actually offensive if you knew him and the situation. Like I said I want to keep doing the work but I don't know I can do as good of a job after that sort disrespect.

Sounds like our situation too, the old man inherited all the ground, plus both him and his wife were pretty high up in the USDA, I heard one time that together they were collecting a 6 figure pension.  Plus the son retired pretty high up in the army, Sargent? or maybe Colonel? Im not sure, I now he was in charge of a bunch of tanks. Anyway, they are both so tight that itd make a church mouse squeak haha. I guess thats part of the way you get that kind of money?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)