AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On/Off output from Integra.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

superfarmer
Posted 2/13/2016 12:19 (#5108642 - in reply to #5108266)
Subject: RE: On/Off output from Integra.

SW Ontario
I appreciate you being critical, that is the reason for the post. So, to answer your concerns, I do have a shaft apeed sensor, and I have made some brackets to mount AgLeader row clutches on the insecticide drives. You are right that this setup will not have a low seed rate with insecticide off. The theory I am working with is that we go to from loam that doesnt need extra insecticide to sand needing insecticide, then as the sand hill gets worse, the seed reduction comes in. On farms not needing insecticide I will have it manually shut off.

The latching relay is the really fun part. I set the control valve for inline servo. This gives me a 12V+ for both increase and decrease rate. The increase wire activates an isolation relay to keep power from feeding back to the module. That one sends power to the latch relay, which supplies power to the Duo-rate. I take power from the output side of the relay back to the positive side of the relay coil, thereby holding it on. The third relay is activated by the down rate signal, and breaks the ground of the latched relay's coil, thereby de-energizing it. Does that make sense to you? I set my high rate to be higher than the shaft speed sensor can turn so the controller will always want to be increasing the rate. Same with the low rate. By playing with the response threshold, the controller will only try to adjust the rate once before it is satisfied.

I have had it working on my test bench so that when i press rate one and rate two, the clutch goes off and on. If you are interested i can draw out the schematics. I know this type of system isnt for everyone, but a guy with a Duo-rate already on his planter who owns a liquid module might be interested. Its definitely a way to get into variable rate seeding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)