AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On/Off output from Integra.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

superfarmer
Posted 2/13/2016 05:28 (#5107947 - in reply to #5106270)
Subject: RE: On/Off output from Integra.

SW Ontario
You have the general idea of what I am doing, bit I've made it do one further action. I'm putting row clutches on my insecticide units in addition to the Duo-rate. I can use the boom on/off function to control the clutches, but I have also designed another simple circuit to use the rate up and down signals to open and close a latch relay, which will turn the Duo-rate on and off.

So picture this, I have a prescription map with zero rate, rate 1 and rate 2. In the zero zones I have full seed rate, no insecticide. Rate one triggers the system on and the insecticide turns on. Then when I hit rate 2, the seed rate drops. In theory, this covers the majority of the variable rates I will be using on my land. So I can do a zone within a zone. The same circuit could also control a third seed rate through the Duo-rate, but that would require the use of an overdrive chain.

I know this kind of monkeying around isn't for everyone, but I figure I have entry-level variable rate on seed and insecticide for about a quarter to a third the cost of electric drive insecticide and seed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)