AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On/Off output from Integra.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/12/2016 09:41 (#5106270 - in reply to #5103997)
Subject: RE: On/Off output from Integra.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
nhermanson - 2/11/2016 11:04

I've been asking for a simple relay output on the dry and liquid modules that could be mapped to a switch for a while. Maybe someday.

About the only way would be to have the relay connected to a boom output or the Master output on the Liquid Module. This would require that there was some type of input to the module. That module would need to be dedicated to that job and couldn't be "shared" with some other product.

I notice that the original poster has edited his post and mentions that he used the liquid module. This would be somewhat similar to what I did with the Soygreen project. The operator may be using a switch to manually go between the two rates. I'm thinking that with clever use of the calibration numbers and target rate he could create a VR map ahead of time and let the system switch between the two rates. This would be somewhat like my customer did with the Soygreen project.

Lets suppose the Duo-Rate goes to Overdrive when electricity if applied. Lets also suppose that when that happens, the display indicates 100 gallons/acre. A shaft sensor would be needed.

Then it might be possible to build a VR map where the rates are either 100 or Zero. 100 meaning the higher population, Zero meaning the lower population. Then as the planter goes across the field, it would turn on Boom 1 (which would be connected to the Duo-Rate, maybe a relay would be needed) when the map calls for a rate of 100 which would put the Duo-Rate in overdrive. When the map calls for a rate of zero, the boom turns off and Duo-Rate drops back to the regular speed. The applied map on the screen would show application at the higher rate, the map would be blank for the areas with the lower population. I believe the system will disregard the rate coming in when the Boom is OFF.

Maybe the Duo-Drive works the other way and when electricity is applied the unit goes to underdrive. If such is the case, the output from the Liquid Module that can run a "dump valve" could be used to reverse the action.

Edited by tedbear 2/12/2016 09:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)