AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On/Off output from Integra.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/13/2016 08:59 (#5108266 - in reply to #5107947)
Subject: RE: On/Off output from Integra.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ok, let's see if I follow this correctly: Zero Rate - Booms section(s) would be off so Insecticide would be OFF and Duo-Rate in normal rate for seed. Rate 1 - Boom section(s) ON so insecticide will be ON, Duo-Rate in normal Rate for seed. Rate 2 - Boom section(s) ON so insecticide will be On but Duo-Rate drops into underdrive so the seed rate is reduced.

If I'm thinking through this correctly, it would not be possible to have the Insecticide OFF and Duo-Rate in underdrive. I see this as two separate events that have two possible states for each event. A truth table would have four possible outcomes. The outcome of Seed low and Insecticide off doesn't seem available. Possibly this is not a concern.

I'm curious as to how the latching relay is wired into the Liquid Module control circuit. I'm not familiar with wiring up latching relays. What control valve setting are you using in the configuration for the Liquid module?

I assume you will be using some type of shaft sensor on the drill shaft for the seed as the module will need some type of input. I'm also curious about the type of insecticide delivery system you are using? You mention clutches so I assume the insecticide is dry. I have not seen clutches designed just for insecticide but many clutches for seed use the idea that electricity is applied to disengage the clutch(es). If this is the case, the output from the Boom output on the liquid module would be "backwards". The "dump valve" output on the module could be used as its logic can be reversed in the setup.

What about the situation when you are using Rate 2 (Insecticide ON and Duo-Rate in underdrive) and the map switches to Zero rate? The booms would go OFF so the insecticide would stop but wouldn't the latching relay still keep the Duo-Rate in underdrive? Maybe this will be fine if the control valve setting in the configuration is set to close the control valve when the booms are OFF, this would probably trigger your latching relay to unlatch allowing the Duo-Rate to jump back up to the normal rate.

I'm not trying to be critical of your plan but just trying to think through the various combinations of events that might cause problems. I'm most of unsure of how the latching relay is connected to the control valve circuit.

Edited by tedbear 2/13/2016 10:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)