AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 2/8/2016 07:38 (#5095893 - in reply to #5095737)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections

Missouri
This particular cable is only about 30 inches long. Technically, the cable I refer colloquially as the "toolbar cable" is what Ag Leader calls a "1/2 toolbar harness", and for 12 row and larger there's one on each half. The one I'm contemplating building would be called a "section adapter cable", and it connects the two 1/2 toolbar harnesses to the CCM. One can change the section assignment (2 rows, 1 row, or RTK sections) just by changing the section adapter cable. At any rate, physical fitment of the cable is not a possible issue.

Need for a replacement cable as a service part is a possible issue, albeit a highly unlikely one. If I were to sell one, I'd build two and keep one back as a service part just in case. It's not a part that should ever break, but that odd just-in-case scenario is one that must always be prepared to deal with.

You're exactly right that too many choices can confuse some customers. That being said, I have had customers consult with me about clutching their 16 rows that wanted 1 row sections, but balked at the additional expense.

Thanks for your input Ted, I always enjoy your responses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)