AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 2/7/2016 18:58 (#5095004)
Subject: Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections

Missouri
Looking for thoughts on this. With a 16 row planter, one has the choice of an 8 section cable (2 rows per section), a 14 section cable (1 row per section, outside in pairs), or a 16 section RTK cable (16 rows, 100% single row sections).

A clutch control module is capable of driving 12 sections, so the 14 and 16 section cables require an extra clutch control module (CCM) (roughly a $1000 part).

The 8 section cable seems to me like a waste of CCM capacity, to allow 4 control sections to go unused. The 14 section cable seems like sub-optimal use of the 2nd CCM ($1000 for the second module, and only 2 outputs get used).

What about a 12 section 16 row cable? It makes more sense than the 8 section cable, by fully utilizing the capacity of the CCM that's already there, while being cheaper than buying a second CCM to only use 2 of it's outputs. This is not a cable available from Ag Leader, however, I have rebuilt a few other section adapter cables into different than original configurations, so I could possibly build this cable.

Would anyone have any interest in a custom cable such as this, if it were priced similarly to Ag Leader's comparable cables and were built of the same quality? I'm planning to build one for testing purposes, and considering the possibility I could build a few more if there's any interest out there and I could make a little money to further stock my electrical toolbox.

Thoughts? Interest?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)