AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 2/7/2016 23:12 (#5095637 - in reply to #5095609)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections

Missouri
I've got the specs figured out (see attached cable map).

Ag Express is fantastic at building custom cables and I wouldn't hesitate to use them for a cable of any meaningful complexity, but this cable is so simple. I have the tools and materials to do this with a level of quality that matches OEM cabling.

I have a surplus of 2 row section cables that have been taken off of new machines to be replaced by 1 row section cables. I'm interested if this can give purpose to surplus cables that are otherwise bound for the trash can. I've already been converting 12 row cables from 2 row sections to 1 row sections with flawless results. In that case, it's just duplicating the specs of a different cable part number. This would be a little different in that it's custom specs. For example, I have to choose 4 rows to make into 2 pairs to make 12 sections total. I'm leaning toward rows 7&8, and 9&10 (planter center section).

While there are frequent requests for single row section cables, I haven't yet had anyone ask for this. It's more to the effect of I'm wondering if any would be interested if I offered it.

(16 Row 12 section cable map.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 16 Row 12 section cable map.png (76KB - 74 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)