AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 2/7/2016 20:38 (#5095293 - in reply to #5095223)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

KMech - 2/7/2016 20:14 The clutch control module detects the clutches connected to it. It doesn't know how many clutches, but it can detect an open circuit on a clutch section, so it knows how many sections are in use.

When programming a configuration, you tell it the row width, and then you tell it the number of sections.

The number of sections you tell it to use *must* match the number of sections the CCM autodetects, or it will fail to load the configuration.

When building the configuration, you tell it how many rows are in each section (which with a little mathing using the previously entered row width allows the system to determine section width) Which rows are on which sections is determined physically, in the harnessing.

The configuration is then programmed to match the way the harnessing has been laid out. It will be no problem for the display to run a 12 section 16 row planter using either proposed method of arriving at the necessary wiring. Back in the air clutch days, row to section assignment was determined by how you plumbed the air lines from the valve boxes, and by how many valve boxes you had. I've seen air clutch planters configured so many different ways I'm almost prepared to swear they're snowflakes (each one different).

I must have missing something, when I installed my clutch control module, this Summer, I don't believe it ever asked for rows in each section; During that configuration stage; BUT it did ask for 

A: total amount of rows

B: total sections

C: row spacing

After this, it is like the Ag Leader's programming decided which wires got "grounded" and it figured out the "GPS section width" all by itself.

I think I remember something about programming the switch box's toggle switches.

It has been too long, since I mess with it(installed it), for me to remember all the steps; but it seems to work = I installed small LED lights on each row unit, so I could tell ON/OFF status.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Edited by 4WD 2/7/2016 20:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)