AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

welding table height?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 2/6/2016 18:26 (#5092898 - in reply to #5092826)
Subject: RE: welding table height?

Middlesex County, Ontario
hf213 - 2/6/2016 19:03

Another way if you dont prefer the hyd jack.. is to weld in some 1" NC nuts ( 4, one per corner ) , then get some 1" threaded rod, and then crank these down on the floor when you want it solid. I made some stands this way, welded a nut on top and just use an impact wrench to spin them up and down, works pretty good.

Here's an adjustable height table somewhat like you describe. It could be built heavier: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281866

Personally I would remove the wheels from the legs and put them under the table. Fully retract the legs and the table sits on wheels to roll around. Extend the legs any amount and it would sit on the ground pretty solid.

I would also find a way to add 4 sprockets and a bicycle chain to make the table raise/lower by spinning just one location.

EDIT: thinking about it some more. You could also leave the wheels on the legs, and add some legs to the bottom of the table. Raise the table for general work and to roll it around. Lower it for really beating on things; that way you aren't beating on the jacks.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 2/6/2016 20:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)