AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Labor Required to swap Engine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 2/6/2016 13:59 (#5092414 - in reply to #5090891)
Subject: RE: Labor Required to swap Engine?

Dearfield Co.
I can't believe all of these responses--------------Its a Truck not the space shuttle. They made more than one of them. Missing parts are part of the equation no matter who pulled the engine down if the truck has been moved and set. That truck was available from the factory with 3 engine makers products. Out of those 3 engine makers the combinations were fairly numerous. Scrap yards are full of trucks and engine choices. It isn't a tough project from my standpoint

granted model year is a variable on the 5K price since I just bought a blown up 2001 with a 6 nz cat with a hole in the side of the block with wore out tires for 5k and it is all big torque spec components since it was a factory big power c15. I thought I stole it and will put a $4500 accert cat in that the cab fire wiped out the wiring harness and ecm. I hope to have the truck running on all new rubber for less than $25000. With N14 red top engines being able to be bought for $6500 on the west coast I can't imagine this being this big of deal
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)