AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You guys thot Letterman was bad? Check out Leno..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 8/27/2015 19:00 (#4756518 - in reply to #4756339)
Subject: RE: You guys thot Letterman was bad? Check out Leno..

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Steve - 8/28/2015 15:45

You're using what....a 10% blend? And you're telling me that 10% (which is likely to be less than that) is causing all your problems? What about the 90 or 95% crap gas.....oh of course that CAN'T be any of your problem? Please give me a break.

And I can't recommend ANY fuel treatment because I've never used it never needed to

Yes, I see the same thing all the time. The "up to" 10% ethanol gets the blame for all problems, even flat tires, while the 90+ % gasoline simply cant have anything to do with any problems.

years ago,I needed a gas gauge sender for one of my 1965 vintage, gas engine grain trucks. I had an old pickup of the same make and age that I was going to use the donor guage sender from.
I ran that pickup all it's life and all we had was so called "pure gas" never a drop of ethanol used in it.
In our cool, dry climate , I expected that pickup tank and sending unit to be pristine, as the pickup had only been scrapped 2 years earlier. I removed the sender and found it and the tank corroded beyond any hope of use, and the remaining gas was pig crap sour. So much for gas never being the problem.
Have been using Ethanol blends for 20 years and have not had any of the promised bad things happen.
When shopping for a new small engine, unless the maker is OK with 10% ethanol in the fuel, I leave it in the store. The auto co's made their stuff compatible with ethanol within 2 years back in the 70's.
If we continue allowing the small engine makers to demand special fuel for their engines, they will never change.

Edited by Jon Hagen 8/27/2015 19:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)