AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New layoffs at Grand Island CNH combine plant announced.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 8/26/2015 12:32 (#4754316 - in reply to #4753446)
Subject: RE: New layoffs at Grand Island CNH combine plant announced.

Nebraska aka the boondocks
This is very unfortunate. The people that will suffer the most from the downturn won't be farmers, but folks like this. I don't see their jobs coming back any time soon. As a side note, I don't ever recall IBP/Tyson in Lexington having layoffs, I could be wrong. Anyhow, back in the good old days, like five years ago, I could actually call the owner of my dealership, Mr. Fairbanks and wheel and deal on a machine. he would actually tell me he planned on making x percent on the deal and or he would take one of the heads on trade and resell and make nothing, just to make a deal on the combine. Fast forward to today. If you go to trade, they literally laugh at you, apparently you are expected to sell your own machine on BigIron, and then come back with whatever you may get on the wheel of fortune. I would like to trade combines, but forget it. If I am going to give it away, I might as will ride it into the ground. So now we are not only not entitled to a profit, we are not entitled to trade for a decent price either. I wonder what the next tasty treat will be? Long story short, I have a forecast for the combine factories, the winter will be long, cold and grey....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)