AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am fat?!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 7/23/2015 22:29 (#4696279 - in reply to #4693867)
Subject: RE: I am fat?!!!

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Midillinoisian - 7/22/2015 13:37

Not many people know how a farmers body is built we have and use muscles that no one else does. My back, legs and chest muscles are not noticeably larger than most people, I guess not really ogling guys muscles. I can lift carry and throw faster further and easier than most nonfarm people. I say that because muscle is dense and lean. We use all of our muscles if each muscle is 25% bigger than a "normal person" you wouldn't notice in size but weight would be significant.

A lot of truth in that. Grandpa always told the story about when he was in high school the guys were goofing around seeing who could lift one wheel of a model A ford off the ground. Most of the farm boys could, but there was one guy that was sort of the school "jock" that was really athletic and even lifted weights, he couldn't do it. Didn't have the right muscles to lift stuff like that.

I am certainly not claiming to be that hard of a worker, but I notice when I get around other people they get "winded" a lot quicker than I do when we go on hikes, or are helping move furniture.

I'm 5'11" and 130. I DON'T float. I've tried and tried to float on my back and I can't.

Edited by milofarmer1 7/23/2015 22:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)