AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am fat?!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Midillinoisian
Posted 7/22/2015 14:37 (#4693867 - in reply to #4692594)
Subject: RE: I am fat?!!!

I googled BMI chart and first link was the CDC I'm 5'11 and float between 190 and 200lbs. "For your height, a normal weight range would be from 133 to 179 pounds" That is their recommendation. If i weighed 140# I would cry. I'm near Obese according to that chart but can run a 4 mile block in 27-29 mins depending how often I stop to change a song or to dodge a car. I got sick a few years back and got down to 150# my knees loved me. Each pound you weigh is 4# on your joints. It took roughly 3 months to get back to 170#, which is my ideal weight. The rest I gained over 2 years of excessive drinking and lack of exercise. One little interesting bit I love swimming, when I was 150# I couldn't swim to save my life from lack of buoyancy, bigger me swims like a fish.

Not many people know how a farmers body is built we have and use muscles that no one else does. My back, legs and chest muscles are not noticeably larger than most people, I guess not really ogling guys muscles. I can lift carry and throw faster further and easier than most nonfarm people. I say that because muscle is dense and lean. We use all of our muscles if each muscle is 25% bigger than a "normal person" you wouldn't notice in size but weight would be significant.

Enough rambling I would say for me to be happy I wouldn't have rolls and 90% of my body wouldn't jiggle. But I jiggle and I have a couple rolls, I still drink beer and consider myself very happy with my health.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)