AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What benefits for the consumer does production ag's GMO are there
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ollie1983
Posted 4/20/2015 13:31 (#4527355 - in reply to #4523756)
Subject: RE: What benefits for the consumer does production ag's GMO are there

South West UK
If you can market the product, how it is produced doesn't matter a damn.

Farmers are NOT obliged to listen to what the consumer wants or does not want. The consumer does not know what they want, they rely on food manufacturers and processors to tell them.

If Americans were all moaning about how their food was produced, they would all be drinking soya milk and eating nothing but tofu. That is not the case.

I don't know what Northern Corn's agenda is, I really do not. You think healthy crops avoid disease and pest attack. Not so, I can tell you it is the more heavily fertilised crops that suffer from disease- excessive thick foliage causes a disease micro-climate beneath the canopy and such crops are more prone to lodging. So that is your theory shot to pieces instantly.

You also forget that the vast majority of farmers are not supplying food, and I doubt all of them are actually feeding Americans either. We are in the business of commodity production and as such, have to compete in a global market. The consumer does not directly consume much of what leaves the average farm. It is all processed or put into packaging first, it is then marketed, transported to a point of sale and sold. Farmers need not concern themselves with what any consumer wants, or how consumers believe anything should be done.

Edited by ollie1983 4/20/2015 13:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)