AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What benefits for the consumer does production ag's GMO are there
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gthompson97
Posted 4/19/2015 23:00 (#4526384 - in reply to #4525911)
Subject: RE: What benefits for the consumer does production ag's GMO are there

NE ND
Northern corn - 4/19/2015 19:11

Drought tolerance is not a trait that was engineered but characteristics that are bread to amplify desired properties.

You're missing the whole point, which is what I figured you would do. You people just do not get it. You can't pick and choose what you want, and what you don't want. You wan't a safe, natural food supply, but you also want everyone to eat. Well sir, if you can find a way to produce enough food for the world without spraying any pesticides, I think you would be 10x richer than Bill Gates. The problem is, YOU CAN'T. It's one way, or the other. I know which one I'm picking.

Tell me this. If we didn't spray one ounce of pesticide, what do you think the average yields would be? I'm not talking just roundup either, I'm talking EVERYTHING...you can't spray wheat with 2,4-d, beans with basagran, corn with atrazine, you can't spray a single thing, not one drop. What would the yields be then? You think the world could survive off of yields that are cut in half? We would be back to 1950's technology. What were the yields like back then? Or are you one of those people who think we can keep producing at the levels we're at today just because the rain falls from the sky and the sun comes up every day?

Edited by gthompson97 4/19/2015 23:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)