AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I store documents on an ext. drive hooked to a router?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Rod!
Posted 3/2/2015 16:40 (#4425769 - in reply to #4425629)
Subject: RE: Can I store documents on an ext. drive hooked to a router?

NW IL
Actually it has been working very well. Two computers in the office are synced together with one transporter while another transporter is located at my house and that computer also has the files synced. So all data now is on 3 computers located at two separate locations. It is nice to work on a spreadsheet or something and then go home and it is just there to continue working on it. Only problem so far was I backed up all of our videos on the system which was going really well until my son decided to rearrange some files and moved the whole folder. The system just does not move them like you would think it would. It re copies them to the new file. With our broad band speeds it took it about a week to get the computers fully synced again. It did do it all by its self though. That folder was a whole bunch of gigabytes. Finally with this system we are making everything paperless, since we finally feel secure enough that we will not lose any data. Feels really weird though shredding invoices right after you scan them and pay them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)