AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I store documents on an ext. drive hooked to a router?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mdshannon
Posted 3/2/2015 07:17 (#4424650 - in reply to #4424422)
Subject: RE: Can I store documents on an ext. drive hooked to a router?

The Thumb
Depends on what router you have, some have a USB port for upgrading/diagnosing purposes only, but I would bet if there are several that it can be used for network attached storage, if not you can buy a NAS just do a search on amazon or something for NAS.
But I do agree with the last comment Dropbox is great and will sync all your files across any pc you have it installed on and allows web access and has a great iphone app to access the documents on the go. The documents are on your computer so you will have access to them even if your internet goes down, but when a file is changed and you have internet access the program will sync any changed files with the cloud and any other computers you have your dropbox on.
For sharing you can have anyone you want to share files with create a dropbox account and share specific files with them if you don't want everyone to have access to all your files. There is also google drive, which works in pretty much the same way as dropbox, but might be better if you have android phones.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)