AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Martin Armstrong - A History of Ranting, Wild Predictions, and of Course, Fraud
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 2/20/2015 09:09 (#4400371 - in reply to #4398725)
Subject: RE: Alright. Let's Cut the BS, as you Say.

Napanee, Ontario
"Did I get any of that wrong? "

Yea, you did. You and I have different ways of looking at the same "signs" I guess.

"and, as I've said several times, there is no safe haven."

Maybe not, but there are going to be some that are a LOT more unsafe than others. That's what the game and challenge presented to us is about. Avoiding the traps. You seem to acknowledge that there is increasing instability in this system we have and due for a reckoning.... you can bet that some things are not going to make it through that. Those are the traps.

Most of our wealth is in land also. But I feel enormously uneasy about keeping any material amount in cash at the bank given all that I've perceived about the problems facing us. Gold obviously isn't as liquid, but historically, it has made it through crises in tact. Currency, bonds, paper assets.. not so much.

"I have a problem when someone says something that I think is simplistic - like all the new money created will cause the dollar to collapse and gold to skyrocket"

Here's the problem: Just because it sounds simple, doesn't mean it's wrong.

I guess that's what differs between us... you want to believe that it is all too complex to do anything about, that nothing can be done, and whatever answer can be deduced from looking at the situation will likely be wrong since "markets are very complex". Hence, why you believe there is "no safe haven".

I don't think that's true.

There will be a time when people will look back and say, "boy, if I had only did....., owned....... ect ect.", just like in every calamity. I don't want to be saying that.

Yes maybe I'm wrong, maybe prices of everything collapse, the rich people lose all their asset wealth, cash is king, and the masses with no asset wealth on fixed incomes getting said cash, can prosper buying their needs for fractions of what they used to cost.

But I doubt it.

Edited by OldMcdonald 2/20/2015 09:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)