AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Martin Armstrong - A History of Ranting, Wild Predictions, and of Course, Fraud
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 2/19/2015 11:06 (#4397954 - in reply to #4397050)
Subject: RE: Martin Armstrong - A History of Ranting, Wild Predictions, and of Course, Fraud

LOL. I hesitate to use that term, but I have to admit that here it is appropriate, and while reading your post, I was indeed laughing out loud. This post is the best window yet into your mind. It is, in fact, much more about your mind than anything about Martin Armstrong.

I first listened to, and visited with, Armstrong back in the very early 90s. At that time, he was known world-wide. So, we are probably talking about forty years or more where he has been making statements about markets. If there weren't numerous examples of him being wrong, would anyone bother to listen to what he has to say, since he probably would not have really said anything? If he was like your gold bugs, and maintained a religious-like consistency about what he said - even when confronted by signs that showed him to be wrong, would he be worth listening to? Maybe you, but not me. I have to laugh at all of your effort to cherry-pick quotes. You went to a lot of trouble - but that's the mark of a mind like yours, I think. The tendency to defend a belief - in the face of overwhelming facts to the contrary - is the mark of a mind comfortable with belief and not questioning.

As for him spending time in jail - once again, it simply shows that you don't bother to read what he says about it. Just my opinion, of course. His question about whether or not anyone can move that quantity of money out of a bank without a record of it is one that, for me, is hard to ignore. That he was held, often in solitary, for so long, and was only released when it was obvious that the supreme court would hear his case sure seems indicative of the intent of the prosecutors and NY courts. But, I have known people who have minds like yours, OldMcdonald, and so I do know how this can be easy for you. But, then, this is just a case of, when you are so badly wrong, attack the messenger when you cannot attack the message. It's a cheap trick, but it is done over and over, and many people cannot seem to see the trick as it is done.

Maybe some day, OldMcdonald, you might be right. Maybe gold will be the one asset left standing. More importantly, maybe your government will allow you to own gold. The fall in the CD must make you wonder, however. But, I know that cognitive dissonance is not something a mind like yours can handle. The answer is probably keep doing what you are doing - keep your simplistic view of the world and hope you are right in the end.

You can have this soapbox - I really do not care. I finally fully realized that, for the very few things of value that you post, there is just way too much garbage to sort through.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)