AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Martin Armstrong - A History of Ranting, Wild Predictions, and of Course, Fraud
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 2/18/2015 23:11 (#4397050)
Subject: Martin Armstrong - A History of Ranting, Wild Predictions, and of Course, Fraud

Napanee, Ontario

Seems that more than a few people seem to follow this so-called oracle. The following is why I put very little credence in what this guy says:

To start out with, he's a convicted criminal, and did several years in jail for contenmp relating to frauding people out of Millions of dollars.

From the SEC Case file on him:

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/opinions/2009/ia-2926.pdf

And a well written summary about the real Martin Armstrong:
http://nihoncassandra.blogspot.ca/2006/08/enigma-of-martin-armstrong.html

"In a nutshell, Martin Armstrong was a confidence trickster, if not a fraudster for which he was accused. Martin Armstrong was also a bad trader. A very very bad and inept trader. And Martin Armstrong committed fraud to cover up his bad trades. And then he committed more trades to cover up his fraud. Most in Nikkei and Gold. Despite the laughable ineptitude with which he implemented his "strategies", by most accounts he was smooth, suave and authoritative, in a way that encouraged people to entrust to him their money. Which he duly lost. Many many hundred of millions of US dollars. Perhaps billions. The official court dockets (available on-line) from his 1999 indictment in the Manhattan district of US Federal Court read like a Shakespearean comedy. The more he traded, the more he lost. So much and so bad were his trades that his colleagues, and brokers mercilessly joked about it behind his back. He was so consistently wrong-footed in his bets that he would have done far better flipping a coin to decide whether or not to be long or short. ."

Of course, we can still see this ridiculous track record continuing today, now that he's out of jail and back at it. I wonder why he has such a vendetta against anything gold??? Gee, maybe it has something to do with the bolded part above, and the consistently atrocious history he as predicting it? (see below)

"Martin Armstrong: Gold Headed To $5,000 And Beyond!"
http://www.businessinsider.com/martin-armstrong-gold-headed-to-5000-and-beyond-2009-11

then

"Gold down to $907 in the next 2 weeks" (jan 2012)
Gold & Silver | Armstrong Economics

This one's hilarious. In the span of 8 months, despite just predicting previously that gold will crash to $907:

Dec 2012

"The metals will be taking off during 2013, Martin believes after the summer, going all the way to 2016. Major support is at 1570."
FSN: Martin Armstrong ? 2013 Crazy Things Happening Around The Globe | Gold and Precious Metals

then in 2013, when it was supposed to be taking off:
Gold's going to drop below $1000 (Oct 2013)
Gold – The Problem We Face | Armstrong Economics

Also:

only a year and a half ago:

"Martin Armstrong has come out with this shocker – Dow 32,000 by 2015!

and this in 2013: "
Gold will be a beneficiary too, but in 2015."

but now:

''$650-910 price of Gold coming soon.''

Martin Armstrong Interview - September 14, 2014

and:
"Is Martin Armstrong Right on Sub-$1000 Gold?"

http://www.silverdoctors.com/qa-with-the-doc-is-martin-armstrong-right-on-sub-1000-gold/

And from Only a couple days ago:
"The metals will bottom on the Bechmark targets. Today, gold has collapsed again back down to the 1208 level. All the screaming, hollering, kicking, biting, and name-calling will not prevent gold from meeting its fate. You have to realize there should be a retest of the 1980 high just under the $1,000 mark. There is a risk of testing the Yearly Bearish Reversal at $680. That would probably finish-off the gold promoters for quite a while. I think even a break of $1,000 will make them look rather stupid. But that is what you need at the final low." 

I think the only one looking stupid Martin, Is you. Where's Dow 32000? What bout gold breaking out, er, crashing, no, breaking out, no crashing, LOL... You might as well take advice from a roller coaster ride operator. 

Looks to me like a guy that is pouting about his bad calls that didn't pan out, and as such, has an agenda against 'anything Gold' now because of it. So now he says cash is king  and gold is bad... a complete 180... what will it be next year? Dow down to 500 and Gold to 5000 again? Following this guy is about as good as trying to take long term advice from a trader. Like i said, he just calls the 'now' trends and try to take credit for them. At the end of the day, this guy is a convicted felon for financial fraud. Most respected authors and writers that I follow think the guy is a complete Kook and its no wonder why... you just have to take a cursory glance through his recommendation track record.

Edited by OldMcdonald 2/18/2015 23:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)