AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Martin Armstrong - A History of Ranting, Wild Predictions, and of Course, Fraud
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 2/20/2015 08:15 (#4400230 - in reply to #4400038)
Subject: RE: Gentlemen, pick your conspiracy and believe.................

John Burns - 2/20/2015 07:03
From my reading of history, speculative manias are a common theme of empires that are peaking or starting to decline. Fewer and fewer people look for the long term as uncertainty makes those visions cloudy and uncertain.

I wonder if this is because of simply too much money sloshing around. This has been my theory for some time about the problems we have currently - much of the problems can be traced to too much money desperately looking for somewhere to go to get returns. The money convinces people to buy houses they cannot afford - of course, the Left loves this idea too and pushes it - but the driving force is the availability of cheap money. ZIRP changes investing completely. I'm just wondering - could it have been similar in many empires that are starting to decline? (BTW - I enjoyed reading Pettis' book where he seemed (to me, at least) to confirm what I had been thinking about the oversupply of money and the problems it caused.) It is the oversupply of money that blows bubbles, isn't it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)