AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

geothermal heat pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kenabcd
Posted 11/24/2014 19:24 (#4199183 - in reply to #4196794)
Subject: RE: geothermal heat pump

Cokato MN
I have a geothermal system. I live in central MN. 2500 sqft home. worst bill ever 55.00 month. Jan -20/30 for long periods.

Our home is a Morton building, pole shed style, wife hates for me to say that. Post and beam construction and steel siding is better.

We have in floor heat. Slab on grade water furnace brand. We have forced air for AC and heat, Bryant unit, we have a propane back up Goodman brand. Cost for the total package was 25,000.00 everything installed.

Obama paid 1/3. The power company just about gives us electricity since we have a back up source and would allow the geo to be turned off if it needed for demand. It never has been.

We filled our Propane tank 5 years ago, just looked and it is 40%. No one is gouging me for propane.

Always 75° in our house summer and winter, dry comfortable.

I would do the digging, but allow a genius expert to do the plumbing and wiring.

Ours works flawlessly, because we had geniuses do the hooking up. There is not enough time for me to learn and apply all the concepts that they knew for the money they charged. I did nothing, but if I dug it, it would have been significantly cheaper, and if I had the gear, I may have.

Ours field is about 12 feet deep with 3, 300 foot long trenches, dug by 15/18 year old farm kids with their dads gear, they did not realize how good or hard working they were, just doing a job, if there were more kids like the Lindbergs of Dassel Mn. the world would be a better place!

I would recommend that you find an installer that would allow you to do what you can, dig the field, even wrestle the units into place and get the site prepared, then let the geniuses do their thing.

One thing our guy did was to use basically windshield washer fluid for the juice in the system. Cheaper and transfers heat better, maybe. No complaints.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)