AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Explain this to me- Concealed Carry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 11/23/2014 14:20 (#4196320 - in reply to #4195134)
Subject: RE: Explain this to me- Concealed Carry

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS
SpringBrookFarm - 11/22/2014 21:06

Here is my thing. Do you feel that if the man had had a concealed carry on him things would have been different. I have always imagined it that the CCL pulls his gun only to heighten the threat not lessening it. I just see the CCL that went into the store try to rush and grab for his gun and get back out there only to freak the perp with his gun out, who knows what happens at that point, he could still have just as easily shot his wife and kids. You guys may feel confident with that gun at your side, but when it comes to something like this your reaction with your gun may only make the situation worse.

As noted, the husband was inside the store and thus out of the picture. However, if the wife had had a weapon handy and knew how to use it there just might possibly be one less criminal among us. Yes, it takes training and forethought to be prepared for situations that we only encounter once in a lifetime, but the result usually makes it worth the effort.

Don't know about your state, but here we have a "castle law" and it includes your vehicle, barn, or any other property you own. As I understand it, it is very similar to a "stand your ground" law. IF the wife had shot the criminal, according to the law it would have been self-defense since he already had a gun pointing in her direction. But I have a suspicion that, if she had pulled a gun the criminal would have run away. Most criminals are very brave when they have the upper hand. Not so much when they don't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)