AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Explain this to me- Concealed Carry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

fhayden51
Posted 11/21/2014 15:38 (#4192486 - in reply to #4192070)
Subject: RE: Explain this to me- Concealed Carry

olivetroad - 11/21/2014 10:48

You are lucky to have never been robbed and therefore still have the benefit of being naive.

I was "visited" by bad meth heads 16 times that we know of over a 4 month period. They broke into my shop, cased out my house, and stole my kids ability to walk to grandmas house. I am a farmer. I have six kids. I live in a rural area on the farm where i was raised. It didn't end until I shot a guy. Somehow it all stopped after that.

I am not James Bond, I am a balding, weight gaining, middle aged man that gave up on being suave or cool about 5 kids ago. The vast majority of rural folks that have a concealed carry permit do it to protect their families. I don't want to have to take off my gun when I run to the feed store or the wife needs me to grab a jug of milk from the supermarket.

........I haven't shot anyone YET, but with the stealing and meth problems, I can see it coming. I live back off the roads on my farm and no one can even see my place from the highway. We constantly have people parked on the farm and generally just snooping. All my pickups stay locked and have guns in them. I have CCW but only so I can keep guns Anywhere in my vehicle. All are fully loaded.

Came home before dark one day and wife said some kids had been there and did a doughnut in the yard and gave her the middle finger and some choice words. Dog barks and I see the car coming back up my drive. I grab my loaded Rem. 1100 and after they did another doughnut, I put all three round in their trunk. Word got out that I was CRAZY---that will keep them away as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)