AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Explain this to me- Concealed Carry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 11/21/2014 20:13 (#4192970 - in reply to #4192486)
Subject: RE: Explain this to me- Concealed Carry

Bremen, KS
I'd say be verrry careful firing rounds when not under direct threat of physical harm to yourself and another. Your locale may well differ but, as I understand it, reacting in that manner here in Kansas could have very severe consequences depending on the circumstances. It was described to me this way:

You pull into a parking lot and as you get out of your vehicle someone grabs the door and threatens you with bodily harm, you have every right to defend yourself.

You've parked and went into the store. As you walk out of the store you see the thief smashing the window to your vehicle and attempting to steal it. By the time you can react it has been hot-wired and is being driven off. All one can do in that case is be a good witness and call 911 to report the theft. Yes, your property is being stolen but as neither you nor anyone else is under threat of bodily harm, firing shots is unwarranted and quite likely just as illegal as the theft.

In your specific case, the fact that they had been on your place once before earlier in the day and then came back onto your place of dwelling may well give you justification as you would have no way of knowing whether they really were intending to do bodily harm or just repeat the prior actions, but they are certainly capable of using a vehicle as a lethal weapon. Again firing while they are fleeing could have severe consequences even if you had reason to believe you or any one else was in imminent danger before they fled. I guess my point is, know the laws in your area before you intend to carry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)