AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Evidence of God (cont. post from below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 11/8/2014 14:54 (#4166773 - in reply to #4165743)
Subject: RE: Evidence of God (cont. post from below)

Sanilac Co. Michigan
OntarioCanuck - 11/7/2014 19:42

If you are referring to me I am open for any explanation that can be proven.

That is where 'believers' fail.
They have no evidence, no proof.
Just 'belief'.

Try me with some evidence, some hard facts and then you can claim I have a 'stone between the ears' if evidence and proof fails to sway me.

The best evidence to the resurrection can be found from two sources, both of which you no doubt, will discount. The best written record is from Paul in his letter to the Corinthians wherein he goes into detail regarding witnesses to the resurrection, whom were familiar to the recipients of the letter, including "five hundred at one time". It stands to reason that if Paul was telling a bald faced lie, he'd have been called out on it. Furthermore, this account was written quite some time prior to the gospel account attributed to Mark. I think if you look closely, most all of Paul's letters were written in the first and second decades following Christs assent into heaven, yet mirror the gospel accounts put into writing some time later. I expect, because of your hardened heart, you will discredit this since it relies on scripture to support scripture.

Perhaps the most compelling "proof" is the mute testimony of the martyrs themselves, most of whom remain unnamed to history, yet whose deaths are more than adequately attested to by contemporary secular history, and recorded in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd century Roman accounts. These earliest Christians willingly went to their deaths rather than deny what they knew to be the truth. To put this in perspective, who would do this for what they would know in their hearts to be a lie? One or two persons perhaps, but ten, or a hundred, or thousands? Even you would find that at the very least, unlikely. A better question for you would be this: Would you gladly die a slow, gruesome, and agonizing death rather than deny your belief that God does not exist? I'm certain you would agree to anything rather than experience "discomfort", after all, why not?

Of course, you likely will discredit the accounts as fabrications, which I suppose places you in the same camp as those who deny the holocaust of the 1940's or the Armenian genocide of 1916-1918, not to mention victims of Stalinist Collectivisation or the Cultural Revolution.

I wish you well in your pursuit of only those thing you can see, smell, taste, feel, or hear. I'm sure it's most fulfilling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)