AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Evidence of God (cont. post from below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 11/2/2014 08:43 (#4156589 - in reply to #4156085)
Subject: RE: Evidence of God (cont. post from below)

Sanilac Co. Michigan
This is my first time posting "here". I normally stay on the more "earthly" forums (crops, mach.). That said, I think your all missing the crucial point. God has revealed himself to us quite clearly in Jesus Christ. He clearly lived, he clearly died, and he clearly rose from the dead! This is attested to by innumerable contemporary accounts. The fact that his closest followers chose some pretty hideous forms of death rather than denying his resurrection really begs the question: Who would go through that for what they knew was an outright lie?

Furthermore, God reveals himself in his word, the scriptures, and in the sacraments, baptism and the lords supper where he literally gives us his body and blood in, with, and under the bread and wine for the forgiveness of our sins.

God is not present in the "trees, the beauty of the day or the smile on a newborns face". As warm and fuzzy as these may be and make you feel, them being manifestations of God is delusional, and amounts to nature worship, the oldest and most discredited form of idol worship.

Of course, all this is pointless without trust, which is faith, in what Christ has told us as revealed in his holy word. There are those who could see the resurrection take place right in front of their eye's, and still deny it happened. I believe Jesus alludes to this in the parable of the rich man and poor Lazerus. Recall that the rich man, suffering in hell, calls to Abraham in paradise, begging him to send Lazerus back into the world to warn his brothers about this place, and to amend their ways. Abraham reply's that even if someone comes back from the dead, they still will not believe!

God has saved you in the death and resurrection of his son Jesus Christ, it's an accomplished fact that you can trust (have faith) in. It is the free gift (grace) given to you by God, and that is the heart and soul of the gospel(good news) message. In all of this there is no "free will" involved. You don't have to do a dang thing. there is nothing you have to do to make yourself acceptable to God. The only" choice" a person can make is to reject the gift and deny its existence.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)