AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nurse in Maine under Ebola watch that won't stay in quarantine.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 10/30/2014 08:47 (#4151886 - in reply to #4151779)
Subject: RE: Nurse in Maine under Ebola watch that won't stay in quarantine.

southern MN
You are making oil farmers case really, when you say people don't understand how it is spread......

I think he said it very well.

Govt is a blending of different opinions and facts to keep people safe, respectful of each other, and allow each other to exist with the same rights and freedoms side by side.

It sounds good, the actual process has a lot of ups and downs.

I don't doubt that part of the problems are over reaction and poor 'knee jerk' laws and actions on the part of the govt. but time and again, the national govt swoops in 3 weeks late to 'help' with any situations, and brings a stack of paperwork instead of anything helpful. A little over reaction by more local governments seems to have gotten the big govt to actually do a little bit of something maybe, and so the local govt, if overly restrictive or poorly thought out in its quarenteen actions, at least did some good.

Part of the problem is mass hysteria by us untrained common folk. But then that is the always constant given, a group of people will always, always do that. Govt is supposed to be there to deal with that, head it off, and explain and contain and settle down the issue. So far it has been the big govt with a stack of papers, and a few proclamations that all is well, oh except well this happened or that happened, and no one actually was prepared, but everything is fine here are some papers....

The couple of health care workers are at fault too, they have harmed many people, and businesses, and cost a great deal of govt money through their actions. Perhaps living in Africa for a while, they do not understand what they are coming home to. I would have expected them to be more professional, more respectful of the USA population, and roll with the punches somewhat. Certainly their needs to be a better system for handling them that shoving thrm in a tent for 3 weeks the moment they land; but at the same time, they have acted very irresponsibly and poorly left to themselves.

As farmers, we are familiar with the idea of controlling one weed, one small weed patch, one livestock illness quickly, isolating, and eliminating that outbreak sooner rather than later; waiting around for paperwork, or a govt review, or someone to give permission and then getting around to taking action a week or a year later makes many years of problems, when a bit of early action and caution results in a problem solved and no long lasting results. Being a little too cautious pays off far more for everyone concerned than being not cautious enough......

I am just really amazed that the individual health care workers can't see that; they work in similar conditions and concerns.

I think oil farmer has all that very well in his message.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)