AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nurse in Maine under Ebola watch that won't stay in quarantine.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

idea1947
Posted 10/29/2014 22:34 (#4151419 - in reply to #4151369)
Subject: A little consistency, please

This is what the good vet had to say about the proposal to amend the Animal Welfare Act regulations to include more specific requirements in the regulations concerning the submission of itineraries by any person who is subject to the Animal Welfare Act regulations and who intends to exhibit any animal at any location other than the person's approved site:

This rule is ridiculous; we live in the USA, not the USSR. To require exhibitors to submit a detailed itenerary will seriously inhibit their ability to do business as many have no idea where they will be at a given time. When I travel, I stop when I get tired, and find a place to house my animals at the time. the vagaries of weather, mechanical breakdowns, unanticapated problems with un cooperative animals, road conditions, and an infinite number of other uncertainties make it impossible for most exhibitors to know exactly where they will be at a certain time. Most exhibitors do not have a team of itenerary planners, the rate of non compliance will be so great as to make the rule unenforceable without shutting down animal commerce entirely. Please re consider, this appears to be a rule dreamed up by beurocrats sitting in a plush office who have no idea what goes on in the real world David A. Rustebakke, DVM

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)