AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FSA September Data Implications on Planted Acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 9/16/2014 10:13 (#4077322 - in reply to #4077121)
Subject: RE:A minor correction then a question.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
Minor correction: Where you say, " could imply that the final planted yields for corn" I think you meant to say, "planted acres"?

If I follow your statements correctly you are saying that final planted acres will be 87.9 as opposed to the 91.6 that is being used. Using the standard factor of .91 to determine acres harvested for grain you would see 87.9x.91 or 80.0 million acres and a production of 80x171.7 or 13.7 billion bushels. This is certainly not the 14.4 they have predicted.

As for why should the FSA be behind? First there isn't nearly as much PP this year as last and the reasons for any delay are minimal. Second it is my understanding that the "computers" in the county offices are merely data terminals connected directly to the main computer. If that is the case then FSA know my PP before I've sign the papers. Someone please correct me.

PS: In the past I couldn't claim prevent plant on insurance until I had reported it to FSA. Why would a producer with insurance delay reporting PP?

Edited by 1234 9/16/2014 10:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)