AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats a Good washing machine now a days ...???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 9/17/2014 00:59 (#4078553 - in reply to #4072195)
Subject: Updates bought a washer

Alberta, Canada
Went to buy a washer yesterday morning (bearings are really bad now!) as the laundry was piling up. Talked to a friend who swears by his Bosch front load he's had for 8 years and says it gets stuff CLEAN even work clothes and was skeptical of the top load HE design too. So we figured we'd give them a look too.

Went to an appliance store which I looked up online that handles the speed queen models you guys mentioned. Salesman says never heard of that model before and proceed to tell me a good large capacity top loading washer is the wonderful ... Maytag Bravos!!! I proceed to tell him what we thought of it and that we have one at home broke down that never did clean the clothes well. He summed I up that we got a lemon as "everyone" loves them and they have great ratings. He didn't have much of anything in stock in house so we left as wanted something that morning to take home.

Next store we were at again pushed the HE washers but front loads (by Samsung) so we brought home a Samsung front loader with all the features. He had one with a little scratch on the side sitting there they knocked off price on and I said fine lets load it up.

So wife used it all day and so far it gets the thumbs up! She says it actually cleans the clothes and they smell clean when they come out of it!!! Loaded up a big load of some nasty... dirty/oily work jeans of mine and they came out nice and clean. I haven't had work jeans that clean in a long time as the Bravos couldn't clean like that! One thing she did say when you set if for real dirty stuff it does take a long time. But otherwise she's happy so far and still figuring it all out.

So my conclusion is if you want a HE washer get a front load. Can't say which brand for sure in regards to durability time will tell. But like most things these days stuff is not built to last for 20 years like the stuff that was made years ago. I finally 2 years ago hauled away the freezer I got from by parents who had got I in 1958! It still worked but was kind of falling apart.

So when I have time in the winter I'll put bearings/seal in the Bravos and sell it as the way the guy was saying their highly "desired".

Edited by Larry in AB 9/17/2014 10:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)