AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats a Good washing machine now a days ...???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

donny
Posted 9/14/2014 06:37 (#4073262 - in reply to #4072195)
Subject: Speed Queen . Whats a Good washing machine now a days ...???

Our old one gave up a couple months ago. Laundry piled up for a day or 2. Then she proceeded how if this was a combine that I would run half way across the state to get parts to get going by midnight. Well not exactly, I told her I could get by with a rental in an emergency situation, "have you considered a laundrymat" - I would not recommend that suggestion. We went to big box store and the salesman had my wife's heart set on a maytag bravo pair. I couldn't see how 3 gallons of water could clean my greasy crappy cloths. I wasn't sold, went home empty handed. I made the wife read some reviews and she was then a little less pissed off about my ability to not jump at the fast sales pitch. That ride home from the box store was not pleasant.

Next day we went to a local dealer, he had all the fancy washers. When I said we wash farm cloths he took us strait to a speed queen. It has a long warranty, steel gears in the drive, and I believe it is built in wisconsin off of a 20 year old patent. It's basically moms old washer from when you were a kid. It's not high efficiency so it will cost $60 a year to run instead of $20 ( big deal). I think it set me back $800

I installed the speed queen two months ago and have not heard a peep about about a washer out of either one of the queens! In this household if mama isn't happy with the washing machine, nobody can be happy.

Edited by donny 9/14/2014 06:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)