AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats a Good washing machine now a days ...???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 9/14/2014 07:21 (#4073311 - in reply to #4073297)
Subject: RE: Speed Queen . Whats a Good washing machine now a days ...???

central - east central Minnesota -

donny - 9/14/2014 07:06 If I remember right the HE use 2-3 gallons of water. The old non efficient washers use way more than twice as much water. I don't remember how much. My thinking is there are 2 factors that get things clean,1- volume of water used, and 2- scrubbing or agitation. Are the non efficient washers hard on your cloths since they spin the crap out of them?

The 3rd factor that helps get clothes clean is suds . . . suds help carry the grim/dirt away and keep it in suspension to not get  back on or in the clothes . . . ..

Extra spinning shouldn't hurt clothes or wear them out faster . . . . that's about the only improvement that is worth a hoot on new machines ~

Does the speed queen spin the heck out of clothes ?
My wifes last old washer did a great job washing with regular soap and spun the heck out of them, hardly needed any drying (which spins the heck out of clothes) - Here, wife's new one - HE soap and lackluster performance (spinning and amount of water to clean) . . . . I'm ready to ditch it as it doesn't clean my farm clothes . . . .. ..

Edited by iseedit 9/14/2014 08:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)