AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic basket rake verses a Darf wheel rake. A long post.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fawazhay
Posted 8/28/2014 23:18 (#4044256 - in reply to #4044222)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic basket rake verses a Darf wheel rake. A long post.

Northern CA
Sorry Ben, I completely disagree. The Kuhn rake is light and you have to run the Tonutti style wheel in the dirt in order to make it rake. On the Darf, you don't run it in the dirt. You drive a Darf off the stubble. Now, if you don't adjust the Darf correctly, you will put dirt in the hay. I have owned them all, NH216, Allen 8827, Twinstar 2030G2, and Darf 917 and 950. We currently run two Twinstar 2030G2 rakes and a Darf 917.

I really like each rake in certain conditions. You can't beat the Darf for being gentle and doubling hay, putting two windrows into one. The Twinstars are great all around rakes and are much much better built than the Allen in my opinion. The Twinstars can double or single with less adjustment than the Darf. In rougher fields, the Darf will float up and down more because each wheel has its own suspension, whereas the basket with "bridge." Now, if you compare the older 5 bar Twinstar or Allen, the Darf will take around 20% faster. The new G2 Twinstar can run right with the Darf.

My neighbors tried the Kuhn speed rake. They have had it for two years. It is for sale now.

If you have any more questions, my contact info is in my profile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)