AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you respond to this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 8/20/2014 06:44 (#4027964 - in reply to #4027951)
Subject: RE: How would you respond to this?

SW KS, near Dodge City
Irrigate NE - 8/20/2014 06:22
But, it would appear to me that people are getting healthier and living longer rather than the other way around.

I think it would appear to me that statistics don't tell the whole story... I think modern medicine is keeping people alive much longer than nature originally called for them to be. The generation of kids that are now just entering preschool up through I think it was jr. high or something actually has a predicted life expectancy shorter than their parents b/c of all the junk food they're getting. Do I think that will be true? No. I think they'll find plenty of different ways to address obesity and diabetes b/c there will be such a huge market (profit) for it.

I'm 34. My paternal grandpa died when he was 65. I will likely live longer than he did, but I doubt I will be "healthier". He died of an issue that would be an outpatient procedure today... When he died he had a 1 yr old child also and was farming pretty fair acreage, in 1940, which was WORK. I don't know many 65 yr olds today that would likely be able to physically handle that. So, the statistics would say I'd be healthier, but in actuality, I doubt I will be.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)