AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pocket knives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 11/20/2012 02:21 (#2707062 - in reply to #2706775)
Subject: Re: Pocket knives

Michigan.
Carried a scout knife in the pocket from 8 years old untill I got a Swiss tinkerer to replace it in Okinawa.
Had a Buck 110 on the belt all the way through High school, hell, most of us guys had one.
The knife goes in the pockets when the pants go on, and I seriously feel awkward if I don't have one on me.
I really do not understand how any man feels better than useless without one.

Last year, I had to GIVE each of the kids working for me during harvest, a knife to use while they were working for me.
Ya can't cut and repair drip line without one, ya can't tape lugs or unwrap the things without one and dammit, they ain't gonna lose/break mine.

Those poor kids never carried a pocket knife before, and on the first day after all four of them forgot to bring the thing, so I fired them on the spot. LOL!!
Then I let them talk me into rehiring them if they went back home and got the things.
That put an end to one of 'em walking half way accrossed a field to borrow a knife..
Now I gotta worry about them forgetting and taking the things to school now that they are in the habit.

I'm kinda wondering if they will show up next spring and not forget. It's gonna be entertaining.;)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)