AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do we need more precision techs besides salesmen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MillerTime
Posted 9/21/2012 11:00 (#2602236 - in reply to #2602014)
Subject: RE: Do we need more precision techs besides salesmen

Manitoba, Canada
It all depends on the end user (farmer). Some guys would rather come on Agtalk and ask a simple question than bother their Precision support guy. Some guys would rather ask other producers if a product works as advertised. A salesman can tell you anything, but will it actually work for your needs? I think lots of guys look here for that reason. And lots of guys look here for service reasons to try and escape that dreaded service bill. This site is pretty much a free dealership (parts/sales/service), just cant buy anything.

I am a dealership precision sales/support/service/warranty/parts/etc... If it looks like technology I am expected to support it. In this day and age it kind of gets overwhelming as EVERYTHING is going a more technological route, and its only going to get increase. I probably service 40,000 sq km. And most of my customers know this, during busy seasons I am hard to get ahold.

I agree as someone stated above. Parent Companies (cnh, deere, etc) need to give out some more incentive to the dealer to stay up to date on all the new tech coming out. CNH is starting to do this with their AFS Certification program. But other than a piece of paper it doesn't give a whole lot of bonus for a small dealer to spend the money to get certified (tooling, training, full time PF staff).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)