AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do we need more precision techs besides salesmen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Madsnake
Posted 9/22/2012 16:01 (#2603894 - in reply to #2602288)
Subject: No techs need to man up and have a go

As Preston farming equipment becomes more and more standard kit, the service tech neededs to step up and take it one as part of the equipment. I find it funny how in the US you have techs as you call them on here talk in this thread about how each person specializes, one for the old 40seires ect. I have never worked in a work shop were you have people that just do 1 thing. Last job in the trade was running a service department in a small Cat dealer ship, we had every thing from skid steers and high way trucks to 777s and d11.

I really think the PA equipment coming into farming equipment is just the next step, no diffrent to when tractors went electric start, we don't need a auto elec to fix a starting charging system like we would of years ago it just came part of the job as a tech/mechanic.

As for training course how many techs come back from 1 and are all over it like a rash? I know my self that most training course I went to we ok, gave a bit of a over view of the system at hand ect. Always got my head around it more when I had to sort a issue. Nothing like getting to the point you are stuck then having a read to under stand a system. Learnt more about cat grader hydraulic systems on a Sunday arvo because I had then I would on any course. Same goes for Accert truck engines learnt more on them in the middle of the nite the at any course.

Madsnake

Edited by Madsnake 9/22/2012 16:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)