AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do we need more precision techs besides salesmen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deeretech1989
Posted 9/21/2012 09:49 (#2602152 - in reply to #2602014)
Subject: RE: Do we need more precision techs besides salesmen

From what I've gathered in our dealership, deere is pushing "mainstreaming" which means whether you have a autotrac system that's being tempermental or a 4020 that needs a clutch job, you call the same service department. That doesn't mean the same guy will work on both, necessarily. Personally, during busy seasons, ill be out getting autotrac systems going on a combine, then just down the road I might have a tractor with a fuel code (example). Then during off seasons ill be doing things like combine inspections and deeper projects like that. Im just a young guy and I seldomly see anything older than a 8000 series tractor and I love it. The older guys do all the the 4020s and 4440s and things like that and they love that. As far as im concerned, the older guys can keep that stuff, i have no desire to work on older stuff. In our shop everyone specializes in something different but were all the same service department. Its a different environment in an ag shop than it was 15 years ago (before my time). Times are changing that's for sure. Now it seems like a laptop is used more than the wrench.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)