AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quickbooks or Farmworks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 12/25/2009 14:54 (#985361 - in reply to #983368)
Subject: Re: Quickbooks or FarmWorks?

North central North Dakota

I have a bit of a mix of everything.  I use an Outback #s with eDrive and Automate on my sprayer and one other 4wd tractor that is used for some seeding and field work.  I also have a John Deere 2600 in a 4wd that is used for seeding and other field work.  I also have an Ipaq with Farmworks Sitemate and Track mate ( I did have Guidemate but that ended up not working with my Quicktrax setup).  I do not have John Deere Apex but do use Farmworks for some field record keeping.  I would like everyone to talk together better or I need to decide to narrow down my equipment & software.

I use the fields and save information on the  S3 and really like to use the S3 for it's simplicity.  I have gone into fields to spray parts, then set up another field to spray more, then come back to the saved field from previous work.  I just end up going back to my wheel tracks and do a recal on my position and am on my way.  I have my handheld Ipaq with me and enter my tracmate data.

I am not as happy with John Deere's system but I guess I just need to learn more how to use the system.  I have talked to an Outback technician recently about the software that they supply - which does not do much at all but has worked for w few things.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)