AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quickbooks or Farmworks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Funacres
Posted 12/20/2009 22:57 (#977260 - in reply to #975591)
Subject: RE: Quickbooks or Farmworks?

Texas

There is something else I want to tell you about Quickbooks.

Online banking.  It works great and I really like being able to download all of the ATM card transactions that accumulate each month and then simply edit as needed.  All of my deposits, check, wires, counter withdrawals, etc. are updated into my Bank accounts automatically.  It doesn't duplicate checks that I have already entered because it matches those items by the check number and vendor.

Another program that my wife and I have found to be a great blessing is Neat Receipts.  We scan all of our ATM card transactions into the program and then dispose of the paper.  I can search, organize, edit and print at any time and it's accepted by the good 'ole IRS.  Most of these little paper receipts fade after a few months and by scanning them we preserve them in digital form.  If you try to file all of the little buggers, and then need to find a certain one, good luck.  By scanning them I can find them by several different fields as needed, and can do it in mere seconds.   When I'm reconciling my various accounts, I keep multiple screens open on the montors (two in my case) and can refer in an instant to any document that I need to check.  Now that's cool!

My business software suite consists Quickbooks, Neat Receipts, Apex, Turbo Tax, and Truckers Helper.  I use TH to track fuel taxes, state mileages, maintanence, logs, & safety compliance but not accounting.  I have been doing it this way now for a few years and it works.  One note, Neat Receipts will interface with Quickbooks, and so will Truckers Helper, but with the way I'm using each I don't need them to interface.  I keep them as stand alone applications.  Before using Truckers Helper, I had a program that interfaced very well with QB and would allow me to write & print fuel tax checks from within the program and it would post them to my QB ledgers.  It would also post and update the accounts receivable and accounts payable automatically.  A divorce sent that company to the back woods, but I have experienced the accurate and seamless interface into QB and know it can work.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)