AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quickbooks or Farmworks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 12/23/2009 17:30 (#982040 - in reply to #980453)
Subject: Re: Quickbooks or Farmworks?

North central North Dakota
It was interesting to see the comment on field borders.  I have had a hard time with since my field borders change on certain fields depending on year.  Wet or dry springs change the borders as well as crop rotations.  I can have only so many edible beans on free acres for certain farms so field lines change.  I also have situations where fields cross sections and even township lines with different FSA tracs and farms on them since they are different owners but land is owned or cash rented.  It can get interesting when it comes to certifying acres at FSA and I have not been able to use FW to help me out.  Years ago when I first looked at the program I went to a training session that Scott was at and myself and a few others voiced our concerns on the field boundry situation but at the time I think Scott said he did not realize that these situations happen.  I was told to do something like merging fields and unmerge to keep history.  I have always just hoped that they would fix some of these things so I could use the program - I have paid for the latest version and have it on my computer but have not used it yet - waiting for it to become usable............
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)