AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sassy's question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 7/9/2018 09:02 (#6858679 - in reply to #6858485)
Subject: RE: Sassy's question.

Fontanelle, IA
Syngenta will assist china improve yields through tech and traits. But, they need to charge some sort of premium to their farmers to somewhat self fund the ongoing R&D. USA farmers trait royalties to Chem-China will do the other/continued partion of the R&D for China's environment.

but, Modernization of their ag (eliminating peasant farmers) will be probably a bigger deal for yields.

I believe that I read on here last week that China govt is "incentivizing" Chinese farmers to plant more soybeans by an additional $2/bu subsidy. Why would any farmer plant anything other than soybeans with a subsidy like that? Yet, somehow, if our USA implemented a $2 bonus for each soybean bushel raised, we would be acting against the rest of the worlds (WTO) interests and would be fined or have to pay money to Brazil for example for unfair trade practices. (maybe similar to US cotton suit brought to WTO by Brazil a few years ago? Similarities? I am not sure)

Throw more money at the problem. They have the human power. But, it will come at a "cost" due to distorted food supplies in each province and "increase the risk" of weather impacts to their food production areas.

china might not understand the risks either.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)