AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not a rumor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 3/1/2016 07:52 (#5147396 - in reply to #5147300)
Subject: RE: Not a rumor

1586 - 3/1/2016 06:14 Bull---- JP!!!!!!!!!! We planted 97 million acres and if it would have rained we would have had $4 corn give or take and been loaded from ear to ear and never saw $8. You fork guys are going off the deep end.

Hi 1586,

With all due respect sir, I disagree...and yes, I fell off the deep end along time ago...It's all good.   There was a time,...even as recently as early 2014 where I might have said..its a biological..there could be a drought, but repeatedly over and over price said no...And even though my opinion was different, in the end, price was right and it did what it suggested it would. 

If that was the only reason, then why haven't we returned to those levels?  We haven't planted anything near those acres since, and it has been far from perfect weather.  Bumper crops were grown yes, but that was exactly what price was suggesting all along.  Last years rally, if you remember lasted two weeks at best.  It had nothing to do with Indiana being flooded because it was projected in November of the year before.  In 2013, we planted less acres and 7 million acres of Iowa and MN didn't get planted, at likely multiples of that got mudded in, and all along price was saying 3.20.  And yet, price snubbed its nose once again to this.

So, while I don't understand how it can just all work in harmony without really going psychobabble and talking about the laws of the universe, in the end, it just happens.

If you remember, we start talking about 2.90 like 6 months ago. We were not throwing those prices out there trying to stir up things and are not any happier about it than you.  But price has projected that.  The laws of the universe are precise, and they never fail.  A failure by price would occur because another greater force trumped it.   Forks are just a tool, like a hammer.  You use a hammer to drive a nail, not clip your toe nails.

Take Care

Edited by jpartner 3/1/2016 09:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)