AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The next time you see an eviromentalist thank him for Ethanol's survival
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pehinric
Posted 2/13/2016 10:56 (#5108502 - in reply to #5108462)
Subject: RE: The next time you see an eviromentalist thank him for Ethanol's survival

East central Iowa, Camanche, Iowa
Absolutely!!!! I do not care for the environmentalist mindset. I just wanted to show how the lack of refining capacity that I believe was the result of environmentalist pressure and regulations over the last 40 years has helped the ethanol industry at a point where the tables have been turned and ethanol is more expensive than gasoline.

I remember in the 70's during the first oil crisis when ethanol was touted as a way to extend the limited supply of gasoline. Then as the clean air act came into play ethanol became a cheap means to achieve the stricter standards set forth in the clean air act. Then during the farm crisis ethanol played an important part in opening a new market for corn.

Environmentalist will never be happy and it is important to beat them at their own game. The biggest problem agriculture has is it needs to take a chapter out of the environmentalist playbook in taking the message to the masses, not preach to the choir.

Edited by pehinric 2/13/2016 10:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)