AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2nd grader having trouble reading
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 11/13/2015 16:31 (#4894804 - in reply to #4894375)
Subject: RE: 2nd grader having trouble reading

a4t-1600 - 11/13/2015 09:28

TOOOT TOOOOT TOOOOT -------there you did it you blew your own horn again.

this thread isn't about blowing your own horn or BS comments about calling people liberals when you have no clue----------This thread is of serious consequences to the OP and has been for lots of other parents . If you feel the need do your garbage in another thread . Also talking about schools controlling students just makes me laugh. It isn't so much the schools as the parents and in this case not the OP. Some kids struggle and techniques need to be modified. My mother taught special needs kids to read in the summer as well as taught full time in the winter. She had her masters degree and I stand by the methods she used which were well reviewed by her peers as well as her school kids parents. She was proud to the day she died about the number of Drs, Dentists,attorneys and other professionals who came to her and thanked her for what she had done many my age-------------now go someplace else and blow your horn.

at no time did I say anyone wasn't doing it right-------the basics start at word recognition. that comes from memorization . That is the purpose you read to your kids. to start with. The go to place in my area was Sylvan learning centers. When kids come to them often in the third or forth grade lacking reading skills they start with the flash cards. The cards then turn into the cards that sound the words out then have the words below them (phonics) then they build from there but a base is needed and if its gone they can't even sound the words out. Now just go away

let me TOOOT TOOOT some more for you

READ what the OP said , his son can memorize the words/books, I have a 2 year old grandson that does that as well. TOOOT TOOOT TOOT.
but I'm smart enough to know that he is not reading, he's reciting.

Some of us want our kids/grandkids to be able to READ.

Sounds like the OP has put in a lot of time helping his child, and I hope a good start on fixing this. Keep working OP don't let them tell you memorization is the way to fix this

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)