AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2nd grader having trouble reading
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ladybug
Posted 11/12/2015 18:51 (#4893080 - in reply to #4892834)
Subject: RE: 2nd grader having trouble reading

Have you had his eyes tested? And if you can get ahold of some old transparencies (colored plastic they use to use with overhead projectors) then try laying different color on the page. And see if one makes it easier. If it weren't for yellow I never would have made it through nursing school.
When he gets stuck make a fist and rub his sternum. He can do that himself. This is calming. Great for stutting too. Have him take lots of breaks. Have him hold his right ear with his left hand and his left ear with his right hand then do a few squats..Also have him use both hands in a pattern. Like drumming (LLR LLR RLR) then playing the piano helps. Many of these suggestions activates the left and right brain and makes them work together.
I know some of this seems odd. I'm a pediatric nurse and these are common therapy activities.
personally have a few easy books he enjoys so he can practice the flow of reading without the struggle.
Remember don't let him feel ur frustration he'll feed off of it. I had a son struggling to read at about that age but he could do high school math....go figure. Yes he reads very well now.

I have
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)